Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 8 check up...and a little speed bump!



Yesterday was my 8 day checkup. I was hoping it would be my last checkup before our egg retrieval, but it was not :( 

On Wednesday my follicles were growing quickly and right on track. But yesterday at my 8 day check they were not much larger than on Wednesday. My estadiol levels were not too low but not as high as they should have been. So i will be continuing on the shots a little longer than planned. My doctor uped my dosage of follistim and also added ganirelix. So last night I started a third shot! I am now on 275iu of follistim.

My follicles not being ready Is disappointing because a day feels like a month in the middle of this! The stimulation meds are really starting to wear on me, I am in pain, nauseous, get car sick, and generally really worn down. It also throw off our schedules. My husband, best friend and I all took off work Wednesday for the egg retrieval which will not be happening now. So we will have to reschedule that. The way it worked out having my retrieval on Wednesday made it so a 3 day transfer would be on Saturday, or a 5 day transfer would be Monday. Both days we were already off work because of the Memorial Day weekend. So that was nice and convient, and now it's a little more up in the air. 



The new third shot was rough. With my other two shots the needles both slide in like butter, but when I took the ganirelix last night I only got the needle in about half way. The needle was larger and didn't just slide in, it got stuck half way in and I panicked! I was pushing pretty hard and it didn't go in Any further. I was not sure if I should pull it back out or keep pushing. I had to re-grip the needle so I could get a better grip to push it in. It was pretty painful and bruised up right away. I am hoping that it was a fluke and tonight will be easier! 


Needles needles and more needles! I have now had 23 needles stuck in me on one weeks time. I can say I am pretty ready for a break! 

My next appointment is on Tuesday and I am hoping that I can take my trigger shot that night! Until then grow my little follies grow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment