Thursday, November 6, 2014

Week 25 pregnancy update and Vasa Previa

Week 25
How far along: 25 Weeks. (Today is actually the start of week 26 but this update is for last week!)
Total weight gain: gained 14 lbs total
Maternity clothes: Jeans, and most of my shirts. I still have some longer shirts that fit, but most of my tanks and shirts are too short and the belly tries to stick out! SO we stick with the nice long maternity shirts!
Stretch marks: I got stretch marks about week 8 due to all of the bloating from surgery and fertility drugs. They really have not gotten any worse. I was using Bio-oil, however the bleeding I had happen to coincide with using the bio-oil. SO I have given it up just in case! I am using aloe vera from time to time.
Sleep: Still getting up a few times a night to go pee and/or from leg cramps. My arms also are starting to cramp up.
Best moment of this week: Well....a couple weeks ago my perintologist told me baby Alex had Vasa Previa he told me a little about it at the office, however after some more research I found out its an extremely scary condition. If undiagnosed 99 percent of the time you loose your baby :( Lucky for me they "found" mine. It is basically a condition where the cord is not attached to the placenta, it is attached to her sac. SO if you go into labor when the sac breaks she would suffocate and bleed out. (Yeah...that scary) Catching it is key! You usually go into the hospital about 30 weeks and they preform a C-section early around 35 weeks as to stop the chances of you going into labor. So we spent a couple weeks realizing this was our reality. Realizing that our babies would be born early by C-section and I would be spending weeks in the hospital. Welp on comes our appointment this past Monday and get this....NO VASA PREVIA! They spoke to soon! Its not something that goes away, its simply that I never had it to start with! Baby Alex's cord was laying on top of her head and kinda pinned down near the cervix. The cord is also attached extremely low on the placenta. (but attached!) So in an ultrasound it looked like a Vasa. Lucky for us the cord moved and they could see better this last time. We couldn't be any happier! Not only was it extremely scary for baby girl, but we also didn't want baby boy to be born so early when they were not ready! This appointment couldn't have gone better! It was actually the first appointment I have ever left since being pregnant with ZERO conditions! ALL GOOD IN THE WOMB!!
Miss anything: Bending over! Being able to shave my legs without pain, and sleeping on my stomach! Baby girl hangs out so low that bending over is incredibly painful! I really have to evaluate if I need whatever I just dropped on the floor!  
Movement: SO much movement. My little wiggle worms have been very active this week! And while I can see lots of little bumps I cant wait to see the whole weird alien thing happen!
Food cravings: Still not many, I mostly just want water or juice.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Any sort of activity after eating. or going from a warm car/house into cold weather. There is so little room in my stomach now days that food just kinda sits on top so the smallest change in temperature or moving too much makes it all come back up.
Have you started to show yet: OH YEAH
Gender: A baby girl and a baby boy!
Labor signs: Nope! Baby girl hangs out so low sometimes I think she is trying to crawl out down there, but no real signs yet thank goodness!
Belly button in or out: Still very in! I have about a 3 inch scar above my belly button from a prior surgery and that is popping out! Its also a little painful?!
Wedding rings on or off: ON, with plenty of room still.
Happy or moody most of the time: So happy! I am never moody, however I am a little more sensitive, and cry at happy things extremely easy.
Looking forward to: My co-ed shower on Saturday! Going to be more of a booze and babies party than your typical aweeee baby shower.
Size of Baby: At my 25 week appointment Aiden measured 2.1 pounds and Alexandria measured 1 pound and 11oz! Aiden was in the 80th percentile and Alex in the 25th. I was worried about the difference but the doctor said its totally normal. Its normal for baby A to be smaller because the have less room and also normal for boys to be bigger! Hoping Baby girl catches up this week!
What You’re Doing: We spent last Saturday taking baby classes! We had a Breastfeeding class, a Newborn care class, and a CPR and safety class. While there was not a ton we didn't already know...we did learn some new stuff and just got a much more comfortable feeling! But we did get a big wakeup call in the breastfeeding class when the teacher handed me a second baby for practice! I could barely hold onto 2 dolls! (let alone 2 squirmy babies!) SO that will take some getting used to!
 
Sleep: Sleep is difficult. I get up every 3 hours or so to use the bathroom. I can’t lay on my back or my right side because I have a hard time breathing. When I lay on my left baby girl goes crazy. Also, my heartburn tends to flare up at night.

Names: Alexandria Rosemary and Aiden Patrick. (baby girl is known as baby Alex for short)

Symptoms: Difficulty breathing, back pain, tiredness, heartburn, difficulty bending over.


What baby is doing this week: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — 1 1/2 pounds — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.Baby, fetus at 25 weeks - BabyCenter

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just stumbled upon your blog as I have recently been diagnosed with vasa previa - scary stuff! I'm happy to see you had a misdiagnosis. I'm hoping for the same! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy & congratulations!

    ReplyDelete