Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pregnancy diary 26 weeks with Twins


How far along: 26 Weeks.
Total weight gain: gained 18 lbs total (I packed them on last week :O)
Maternity clothes: Jeans, and most of my shirts. I still have some longer shirts that fit, but most of my tanks and shirts are too short and the belly tries to stick out! SO we stick with the nice long maternity shirts! I have actually gone down a size in my maternity clothing...my weight is shifting all over and just moving to my belly I think.
Stretch marks: I got stretch marks about week 8 due to all of the bloating from surgery and fertility drugs. They really have not gotten any worse. I was using Bio-oil, however the bleeding I had happen to coincide with using the bio-oil. SO I have given it up just in case! I am using aloe vera from time to time.
Sleep: Still getting up a few times a night to go pee and/or from leg cramps. My arms also are starting to cramp up. This week I have slept most of the day away, I am really tired and worn out. Thinking they must be going thru a growth spurt.
Best moment of this week: Our Shower last Saturday! It was a ton of fun, maybe more booze and babies than "baby shower" but totally what we were going for. Just a fun laid back time to celebrate with all of our friends.
Miss anything: Bending over! Being able to shave my legs without pain, and sleeping on my stomach! Baby girl hangs out so low that bending over is incredibly painful! I really have to evaluate if I need whatever I just dropped on the floor! I also miss cuddles with the husband, I am just too uncomfortable to cuddle anymore :(
Movement: Still lots of movement, they are not as crazy as they were last week, but I have really cut sugar out of my diet since eating wayyy to many sweets between our shower and Halloween! So, that could be why!?
Food cravings: Still not many. This week I suddenly wanted chili cheese Fritos (which I have not ate in years) Adam happened to be at the grocery and got them...and they really were not everything I dreamed about, so that craving quickly went away.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Any sort of activity after eating. or going from a warm car/house into cold weather. There is so little room in my stomach now days that food just kinda sits on top so the smallest change in temperature or moving too much makes it all come back up.
Have you started to show yet: Um...I am a whale!
Gender: A baby girl and a baby boy!
Labor signs: Nope! Baby girl hangs out so low sometimes I think she is trying to crawl out down there, but no real signs yet thank goodness!
Belly button in or out: Still very in! I have about a 3 inch scar above my belly button from a prior surgery and that is popping out!
Wedding rings on or off: ON, but I have noticed some swelling this week.
Happy or moody most of the time: This week I have been too tired to be moody!
Looking forward to: Just getting past this week, where I think they are in a growth spurt. I am soo tired.
Size of Baby: At my 25 week appointment Aiden measured 2.1 pounds and Alexandria measured 1 pound and 11oz! Aiden was in the 80th percentile and Alex in the 25th. I was worried about the difference but the doctor said its totally normal. Its normal for baby A to be smaller because the have less room and also normal for boys to be bigger! Hoping they are starting to put on that baby fat this week!
What You’re Doing: We had our shower this week, and it was a ton of fun. See shower pictures here... http://yougottababyinthere.blogspot.com/2014/11/twins-baby-shower.html
I am also working on filling out this AMAZING diary for tracking our fertility and pregnancy diary.. she made the entire thing from scratch and its unreal. Check it out here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVT8kadHTxY&list=UUYjEOmLGEFKL29HuPj4k-XQ
 
Names: Alexandria Rosemary and Aiden Patrick. (baby girl is known as baby Alex for short)

Symptoms: Back pain, and dizziness.


What baby is doing this week: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches (about the size of a scallion) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles should soon begin to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three months.
See what your baby looks like this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment